Saturday, December 26, 2009

Week 1 & Christmas

Merry Christmas!!!
We had a great Christmas out here in Colorado this year. We kicked it off with a Christmas eve party at Micah's sister Sara's house. I think she invited the entire ward plus a few, but it's alright, it was still very fun. One thing I've learned about the Espinoza family is that they definitely live by the saying, 'the more the merrier'. Here are some Christmas photos!


Micah and I contributed our Chocolate Fountain to the party, which started out as a flop because the chocolate was too thick, but ended up great once we thinned it out. I made a brand new dessert as part of my Week 1 of my new goal. It was a Chocolate peppermint brownie dessert. It was delicious! And then the day before I made Micah a steak with a mushroom, onion, and red pepper sauce on top. They were both a hit! I kept getting compliments on the dessert, and then Micah told me the dinner I made up without a recipe was one of the best I've ever cooked. Turns out that the sauce I made is actually part of a traditional German meal. Funny huh!? Here are the pictures.



Have a great day!
~Meghan

2 comments:

Alyse and Bob said...

can I have the recipe for your dinner that you made Micah? It looks good! I wish we could've all met up in Utah... It's been too long!

Meghan said...

Of course!!! Actually with this one I had no recipe, I just kinda made it up as I went. But what I did, is I took some tenderloin steak, and I fried it on each side with a little bit of butter until they were the way we each like it. For the topping sauce, I fried the mushrooms and then once they were mostly cooked I tossed in some red bell pepper and onion, then I took some beef broth, and I mixed it with just a tad of half and half to make it thicken. I let all that simmer together and then once it was warm enough I poured it all on top of the steak to add just a little sauce to soak in.