Friday, April 9, 2010

Guess what I found!? Weeks 14 & 15 And EASTER!

Hey everyone!!!
I finally found my cord to connect my camera to my computer!!! Everything gets lost in a move, but I actually found it! So here are some updated pictures from the last couple of weeks. And then I have the last 2 weeks to post about too!!!
First, pictures from before:
Week 11 Mint Swirl Cookies, very easy! And Yummy!

Week 12 White Clam pasta

Week 13 (MY FAVORITE: Dark Chocolate Lava Cakes!!!)
Second, I need to post about weeks 14 and 15:

For week 14, I made Chicken in Pan Sauce. It didn't quite turn out the way I planned, because I thought I had whipping cream, but I only had half and half. So Micah and I ran to the store next door to get some, and they didn't have any, then by the time we got back, the food had burned a little. Still I do have to say, it wasn't too bad.

And then for week 15, I loved the food. I made Beef Stroganof, or however you spell it, and it was very tasty! And it only took 30 min to make from start to finish! You start with trimming the beef into slices for bite size strips. When you finish that, you mix an entire 8-ounce carton of sour cream in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules. Then just let that sit aside.

After that is all done, you will cook meat, 2 cups mushrooms, 1 clove minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons butter all together until it is done. (It takes about 5 min). Then stir in that mixture you had set aside until thick, and then serve over noodles.

Its really easy, and it is sooo yummy! Especially because I love that hint of flavor of the sour cream, I LOVE sour cream, so that was pretty dang good! Here are a few pics! The last one is of the noodles, I tried them for the first time, and they are great!


And third, we had a major holiday this past week, EASTER!!!!
We first had the Elders over to the house to have Rootbeer floats after the Priesthood session on Saturday, and we did some egg dyeing. And it turned out that none of them had ever had a root beer float, or dyed eggs before! So that was pretty fun!
Micah and I went up to his family's house in Rye for Easter day, and we had a fun little Easter Egg hunt for the babies, Micah got a couple cute pictures for you!


Have a great day!
~Meghan

No comments: