Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Future Plans

This September will be Micah and my's 5th anniversary! Crazy huh?! Time really does fly by fast. Now let me back up a little bit. When we got married we were both working full time, and I was also in school full time too. So instead of taking an exciting trip for our honeymoon, we went to a hotel in Park City for the weekend that way we could be back to class on Monday morning. We have been promising each other since then that we would plan on doing a big trip for our #5 anniversary and so all other anniversaries we did something small like go to the zoo. All fun things, but nothing big. So since this year is our #5 we decided that we will fallow through with our plans and go on a trip. I started out looking into resorts and cruises. I have to had looked at about 30 different cruises, from all cruise lines, and about 15 different resorts. I asked advice from multiple people, and finally we found it. Our perfect trip. A 7 day cruise down the Mexican Riviera. We are so excited! We put down the deposit right away, and booked our flights. And as of last night, thanks to our tax refund, we were able to pay off our entire trip. So now, all we have left to do is save up to pay for extra activities while we are there. I still need to get my passport, but I got my birth certificate in the mail yesterday so now I can go get it tomorrow. That way we have 5.5 months to get it in before our trip. We figure this is our last opportunity to go on a big trip before we have any kids, and this way we can spend this time together before we take that next step. We're so ready for the trip to be here, but we have 180 days left. We sail out Sep 16th! So we will be on our cruise the day of our anniversary, which is the 21st. :) YAY!
Have a great day!~Meghan

1 comment:

Kamie said...

So exciting! I'm so glad you two get to go on such a fun trip :) You two deserve it! I love your 180 day countdown :) I hope it goes by really fast! Love you,

Kamie