Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 6 & Update

Hey my friends!
So as far as an update goes, I have received the calling of Young Womens President of the San Carlos branch. Yay!!! I am very nervous, but also very excited. We only have about 5 girls who are active, but as Elder Nelson told us, membership in the area is going to start booming. So I'm expecting the branch to grow quickly. I have two awesome councilors, my first councilor actually is named Megan, and she grew up with Micah, so that is fun. She and I get along really well, and I am excited about the friendship that is sure to grow. And my second councilor is a covert of 6 years, and she is from Mexico City, and she is learning English, quickly. She is absolutely amazing. Every time I look at her I just want to go up to her, just so that I can be in her presence. She is one of those women who you want to be like, and I absolutely love her, even though I barely know her.

Also, I dyed my hair! I went BLACK! Crazy, I know. Its actually a little too dark for me, but the plan is to have it dark like this and then let it fade to my natural color of dark brown. I've had a bunch of compliments on it, but you never know if they really mean it. lol. Hopefully I haven't been walking around looking like a clown!

For Week 6 I made Creole Chicken Breasts with Crab and Artichoke Stuffing. Holy cow YUM! It was delicious. I got the recipe from Rachael Ray's All-Occasion Cookbook for 30 Min Meals.

It was really yummy, and very easy. I took 2 shallots, chopped them up, 1 rib of celery from the heart, chopped it up, and sauted them together in extra virgin olive oil (evoo) for a couple min, then added a can of drained and chopped artichoke hearts. After, I added crab meat and then cubed up buttered toast. You keep stirring everything around pretty much until the toast gets moist like stuffing. Then added a couple seasonings, salt pepper and bay seasoning. Then remove that from the heat!Then you take the chicken cutlets and put some small mounds of the mixture you just made in the center, and roll up the chicken (pin it closed with toothpicks). Then put some more evoo in a new pan and fry both sides of the chicken for about 2-3 min on each side until brown.

After, you take them out, and set aside. You make the Creole sauce by putting some butter and evoo in the pan, add dry sherry (I used Grape Juice :) ), and cook it over medium heat until its reduced by half (usually takes about 1 or 2 min). Add a half cup of chicken broth and let it boil. Then add some cornstarch so it will thicken and stir! Now you can place the chicken back in the pan and cover it for about 5 min until fully cooked! Ta Da! You're Done! You have a VERY TASTY meal that was quick and easy! Enjoy it!




Have a great day!
~Meghan

1 comment:

Alea said...

Um, you're adorable in your poka-dotted apron. Just so you know.

Young Womens again! Yay! We'll have to chat sometime about things we're doing in our small branches. We've got Primeros comienzos next week and I'm freaking out just a little bit, but it'll be good! :)

Your recipe looks very yummy. I think I'll have to try it!