Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 7 and Micah's 25th Birthday!!!

So for week 7 I made an Artichoke Dip for the Super Bowl! Micah was additionally excited because his team won, but we would have been happy with either one. I personally did not enjoy my Artichoke Dip, but everyone else seemed to like it. They ate all of it within about an hour. hahahaha. I think I was expecting it to turn out more like the Spinach Artichoke Dip you get at Chilies or something, and so I was disappointed when it did not. But here is what I did!

I started out by taking 2 cans of Artichoke hearts and chopped them up, then I mixed them in a bowl with 2 cups Mayo, a dash of hot sauce, 2 cloves minced Garlic, and 2 cups of Parmesan Cheese. You can add some Papaya for seasoning, and then bake it for about 40 min (or until it looks done) at 300 degrees!
Badda Bing Badda Boom and you are Done!

It turns out rather yellowish, and it looks gross, but apparently it tastes yummy! Next time I try this, I'll look for one with Spinach in it!

As for Micah's Birthday, we went to Denver and spent the day up there playing games with his sisters and the babies! We had lots of fun just relaxing and finally putting our TomTom to use. I got Micah a new game called the Game of Things. It is more of a grown up game, but it is pretty fun!!!! I saw the commercials on TV and it looked hilarious, so I decided this would be a fun one to do. We played with only 4 people, but we all agreed that it would be even more fun with a larger group. Here are a bunch of pics from the trip! I love you baby!

Have a great day!
~Meghan

1 comment:

Alyse and Bob said...

I love artichoke dips. I'll have to try this one. Tell Micah happy birthday!