Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 3...FISH!

Hey Everybody!
My week 3 of cooking I decided to go with something completely different than I have ever done. FISH! So I did two days of it, the first day I did Salmon, and the second day I did Tilapia. Both turned out great, but I must say, I enjoyed the Tilapia a bit more.

For the Salmon what I did was bake it. I actually followed the directions my sister in law Sara gave me for it, because if anyone knows how to cook Salmon, its her. She lived in Alaska for a while with her husband and Micah actually spent a summer up there with them one year. So she taught me how to cook it the way Micah likes it. My only mistake I made, was that I cooked them skin side up, instead of skin side down like I was supposed to. So it didn't hold in all the moisture like it should have, but oh well. Anyway, so I made a little sauce to let the fish bake in out of lemon juice, brown sugar, and water. I mixed the three together and poured it over the salmon. Then I baked it at 350 for about 40 min and then broiled it for about 5-10 min. I made a side of rice and I took about a fourth a stick of butter, melted it, and then mixed it with soy sauce. Then we poured it on the rice and stirred it up. It was DELICIOUS!!!! I'm not crazy about soy sauce, but that was really good. Here are the pictures of the salmon.

Then for the Tilapia, what I did was fry it. I thawed it out and then fried it in butter, lemon juice, and a little minced garlic. Once it was all cooked, I sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top and broiled it for about 5 min. It was really tasty. A very easy fish to cook, and it was really good without being too 'fishy'. This recipe I highly recommend. Here are pics of how it turned out.


Thats all folks!!!!

Have a great day!
~Meghan

No comments: